So here’s my current living situation:
- Sold the house last week. December 22nd.
- New place is not expected to close until February with no dates set in stone yet.
- Update: New place in the city fell through. Thanks, Halstead Property.
- The wife, kid, and dogs are in Poughkeepsie with the wife’s parents.
- I’m subletting in the city to avoid 4 hours of commute time daily.
- I visit on the weekends.
- After the new place closes, we’re all back under the same roof again.
- Update: A new development has stalled the pursuit of a new place until Mid-March.
- Update: We’re looking into hotels now.
So when I’m done with work, I’ve got very little to do. It turns out I need to work or problem solve or else I don’t know what to do (which I understand is a problem to solve as well).
Update: I have since packed my post-work schedule with things to keep me entertained or busy during the week.
Now you know.